Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Second Week in PUNE: Food, Culture, and ME!!

HOW IM DOING
ME!!! on Parvati Hill


I am feeling a little bit homesick, I miss the FOOD the most. But I can definitely say that I am learning so much. My research is taking place inside Ramtekadi slums and this experience is by far the most influential. I use to think that I had somewhat of a rough life by seeing what the people in this community have to go through everyday is nothing compare to my minor problems back home. Really eye opening...a few pics are below.




FOOD

So far I have tried sooo many Indian foods. I learnt that the Indian food that I am used to eating back home is North India food, and the food that I am eating here is South India food.

So far, my taste buds have not been fully agreeing with the tastes of South Indian cuisine. The spicy food takes some getting used to, but if you are in to spicy India is definitely the place for you. If you are NOT into spicy, then you can definitely be accommodated to.


Panipuri- this is something I liked. Its' this crunchy sheel filled with vegetables and other spices. My house mom (AUNTY), took me and my roommate out for our first encounter with pani puri it was GREAT! today for luc\nch I also tried some pani puri from another place, but it was not nearly as good.

I'm learning that just like in America, everywhere you go you will experience a different taste...no matter if it's good or bad.


CULTURE
Parvati Temple
Beautiful

Random camel.

The autorickshaw "RICKSHAW" primary source of transportation, the amount of money you spend for a everyday seems like a little when you first arrived in Pune, but you soon find out that Rupees add up!!!


Palki- millions of people from all over India meet up in Pune to go on a pilgrimage.

Participants of Palki decorate a statue.

Every time you go to a restaurant, you are served so much food.
This food was extremely spicy!! But it was OK.


1 comment:

  1. Indian culture had changed a lot. It is also famous all over India. The following link contains detailed description of the changing values of Indian culture:
    http://blog.oureducation.in/changing-values-in-indian-culture/

    ReplyDelete