Monday, July 29, 2013

TWO more days in INDIA

Okay, so with two days left, I thought I would go into detail about my overall experience here in India.

The Food

Well, coming in to the country, I knew that the food would be totally different, and thought I would totally enjoy because me and food have this relationship with each that only a me and food can have with each other....yeah, I said it!!

With that being said, it was to my surprise, that me and south Indian food, are not the best of friends. I grew to tolerate the food, but I am not crazy for it. I learnt a lot about myself in regards to being able to eat things that I wouldn't eat at home just because I don't like them. And me being semi-vegetarian for all of the time here, I was introduced to a lot of vegetables (subji) --the include ones that I like and one that I don't like at all.

VEGS/FRUITS that I LIKE
  • Kheera CUCUMBERS :)
  • PattagobiCABBAGE :) :)
  • Phoolgobi CAULIFLOWER
  • Makai CORN
  • Fansi FRENCH BEANS
  • Batata POTATOES
  • Phanas JACKFRUIT 
  • Amba MANGO
VEGS/FRUITS that I can go without
  • Bhendi OKRA :( :(
  • Methi FENUGREEK LEAVES
  • Kadoo PUMPKIN
  • Bigana EGGPLANT
  • Naral COCONUT

THE PEOPLE

On the back of a tractor in Baramati!!

Jocelyn :) She's so sweet!!

Me, Anjuli, and our faculty guide Dr. Simrita Gopal Singh...

The group!

My roomie!! Angela!

The group @ Ajanta/Ellora


Since I was a week late for joining the program, my feelings about getting to know everyone late were kind of mixed...but in the end I grew to love each person in their own individual way. Each individual person had impacted my experience in India in they own way. I I am really going to miss them all.


THE RESEARCH

This last week of my research was probably the most stressed that I have been since finals week aka "hell week" back home. Between finishing up my final interviews, analyzing all my data, writing a 20 page paper, and presenting I really felt like the following images...


"Oh how am I going to get all this work done?!?"

"I DON'T Think I can DO THIS!"

"I REALLY DON'T THINK I CAN DO THIS!!"

"I'm on the verge of giving up!"

But....

With the help of my wonder faculty guide and the Directed Research professor...I made it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment