Saturday, June 22, 2013

PUNE.....Finally!!!

I made to Pune Yesterday and so far so good.

I am definitely missing American food already. My host family, I call them "aunty" and "uncle", are so fun to talk to. They are two very well educated people whose children are very successful in America.

The first thing I got to learn when meeting up with the group is the eating customs. Here, when eating you are to eat with your RIGHT hand, and serve with you , LEFTor vice versa.

My host family is vegetarian, and that has been the biggest change/challenge. I am used to eating meat with everything. As a substitute for meat,  Peanuts and coconuts are used. I am not that fond of the nut flavor in my food, but I am sure I will get used to it.

Today,  my roommate Angela and our buddy went shopping on Laxmi Road. it was very crowed and I had a small culture shock. But I bought some traditional clothing, and some bangals for my little sister Sugarfoot (pet name).

Tomorrow we go out with our host family to see more of Pune!

Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment