Sunday, July 21, 2013

Japanese Garden and INDIAN FAST FOOD!!!

Japanese Garden

Here are some photos of me and the Japanese Garden that it less than a mile (or more than a mile...I can't tell) away from where my Host family lives.....

















Indian "FAST" Food


OK, so if you haven't figured out by now that food is the one of the sole things on this planet that make me happy. I often say "I LIVE TO EAT, I DON'T EAT TO LIVE!" So before coming to India, my I thought healthy food or food that's good for you doesn't always taste that good. And although I still feeling that way...I have come to know it's what you do with the food that makes it taste good or bad. With that being said, let me talk about Indian Fast food. 

I not talking about Mickey Ds, or KFC, or Wendy's (all things that I'm not craving as much as I thought I would be) but  I'm talking not eating at all.

So on Friday was one of the many holidays observed by Indian people for religious purpose. Friday was the day that several thousand dedicated pilgrims reached their destination. So in my host home, my host mother, along with many other Indian fasted in celebration of their arrival. 

So I-- craving to experience the Indian culture to the fullest--observed the fast as well.

My favorite thing to eat  was Khichadi, which was a little spicy but it was good for what it was...

Khichadi

No comments:

Post a Comment