Monday, June 10, 2013

Nervous Nikki---Anticipating India (T- 5 days until departure)

Over the last six months, I have been anticipating my travels to a unfamiliar territory and experiencing a little bit of anxiety about experiencing an unfamiliar culture.

Now with  less than six days left, I am really somewhat what nervous, but it could be worse...I'm not balled up in a corner clicking my feet together saying "There's no place like home."

This week alone, I find myself eating lots of beef, and other foods that are a big part of Southern culture, just because I think that certain foods will be scarce. I have no idea what it's going to be like when I get to India, but I know that I will not be comfortable, but being uncomfortable will make the experience better.

Regardless of the nervousness, I'm so excited to be stepping out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment